Job Title: Seasonal Flower Farm Intern
About Creekside Flower Farm: Creekside Flower Farm exists to provide beautiful, lasting flowers grown on local land that remind us that we belong to a place, to the land. CFF seeks to cultivate beauty and belonging through the growth and use of local flowers. We provide flower arrangements for businesses and individuals through a flower subscription program, as well as for weddings, special orders and pop-up sales and farmers market. CFF is a small business/farm environment.
Job Description: The Seasonal Flower Farm Intern will assist in farming and each distribution area as needed. It is crucial that the Seasonal Flower Farm Intern is capable of doing physically demanding work for four to eight hours at a time. The Seasonal Flower Farm Intern must have an eye for aesthetics and be able to arrange flowers in a way that pleases the customer (minimal training will be provided). The Seasonal Flower Farm Intern will be treated as an independent contractor, meaning they will be paid a set hourly rate. For deliveries, the Seasonal Flower Farm Intern will either use a company vehicle or use their own vehicle and be compensated for mileage.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the cleanliness of floral and farm equipment before and after use
- Cutting flowers in the early morning and occasionally late evening
- Weeding and watering flowers as needed
- Arranging flowers for customers, based on color preferences, size, etc.
- Delivering flowers in a timely manner to customers
- Sowing seeds throughout the season
- Maintaining of the field—re-staking, netting, dead heading, mowing, etc.
- Assisting in the arranging and installation of wedding flowers
Pop-up and Farmers Market Sales:
- Greeting customers in a friendly, professional and approachable manner
- Creating on-site floral arrangements at pop-up sales or farmers market
- One or more years of farm-related experience or proven desire to learn
- One or more years of floral design experience or proven desire to learn
- One or more years of customer service experience
- Desire to care for the land and the people with whom you interact
- Teachable spirit with a positive attitude
- Able to lift 40 pounds consistently and to work on hands and knees as needed
- Able to work on your own with little supervision or interaction with others
Hours and time commitment:
- Commitment required from May through mid October
- 20-30 hours per week
- Weekdays from 6am - 10am
- One to two Saturdays or Sundays per month for pop-ups, farmers markets and weddings
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com using the subject line “Seasonal Flower Farm Intern.” Applications accepted until February 25th, 2018.